CENSUS-CHAT-L Archives

Archiver > CENSUS-CHAT > 1999-07 > 0932872679

From: <>
Subject: [CENSUS-CHAT-L] July 23 Updated MT-WY Census Lookup Volunteer List
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 1999 23:17:59 EDT

Did anybody notice that I'm really late sending the list out this week? I'm
sure all of you were "biting at the bullet" to get it! LOL!! Thanks to all
who sent comments concerning my lucky week last week and those who took the
time to say thanks for coordinating the list.

As always, your comments and suggestions are welcomed. I don't own the list,
I just coordinate it and want to make it as strong as it can possibly be!

Wayne Duncan
Updated July 23, 1999 Please do NOT forward this list.

If you would like to be added to this list of volunteers, please let me
know. I will not include you until you tell me to include you. New or
corrected listings have a * next to them.

SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS OR REQUESTS BY THE INDIVIDUAL
VOLUNTEERS ARE LISTED IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING THEIR NAME
AND EMAIL ADDRESS

Censuses owned by list members. Please email them PRIVATELY and include the
state, county, and year as well as the names you would like looked up.
Remember, email these kind folks PRIVATELY for your lookup requests. (Please
do not reply to this message, click on their email address, or copy it to an
email message).

Please be as specific as possible. IF they have instructions listed under
their name, please FOLLOW them. Always try to include STATE, COUNTY,
DATE/YEAR, FIRST & LAST NAME.

NEBRASKA
1. Karen
Graceland Park, Hillcrest/Westlawn, Bohemian
National, Holy Sepulchre (Cemeteries in Omaha, NE)
1891, 92, 93 death index for Omaha.
Omaha World Herald Obit INDEX for 1940, 1941 & first 6 months of
'42...(this will be expanding gradually.)

NEW HAMPSHIRE

NEW JERSEY
1. Maisie Ann
MUST INCLUDE CITY OR TWP OR PG. # (there is NO index)
two reel set Burlington Co. NJ 1860;

NEW MEXICO
1. ELSA
Dona Ana Co., NM census

NEW YORK
1. Candace Carter-Green
1920 Orleans Co., NY

NORTH CAROLINA
1. Bill Hughes
First State census of NC, 1784-1787

2. Stephanie Eudy
1840 Yancey County Census

3. Laurie Aubrey
1870 Census Index

4. Wayne Duncan
Family Tree Maker Marriage Index CD #229 (1728-1850)
Family Tree Maker Marriage Index CD #2 (1720-1926)

5. Jeannine Johnson Dugan
Person County North Carolina Deed Books 1792 - 1825
Abstracts of Land Entries Granville Co, NC 1778 - 1877

OHIO
1. Pam O'Day
Wyandot Co., OH, 1850 census

2. Susan
SEE NOTE FOR REQUIREMENTS
1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 Fulton & Lucas Co., OH
Fulton Co., OH Marriages 1864-1927
1850 IL City of Chicago census (see note)
Need to know page number they are on.

3. Laurie Aubrey
1860 Mortality Schedule- Selected Counties
1870 Scioto County Census Index
1870 Highland County Census
1880 Highland County Census Index

4. Wayne Duncan
Family Tree Maker Marriage Index CD #2 (1720-1926)

OREGON
1. Teia
SPECIAL REQUIREMENT--PLEASE PUT "OREGON" IN SUBJECT LINE OF EMAIL REQUEST
1842 Census of people living south of the Columbia River
1845 Census
1849 Census
1849 List of Foreigners in Oregon

PENNSYLVANIA
1. Jill Hilderbrand
Lawrence Co., PA 1850.

2. Karen
Berks Co., Pa Church Records, 1752-1825

3. Marjorie Smallwood
1850 Beaver Co., PA census

4. Alice Sanderson
1850 Fulton Co., PA census

RHODE ISLAND
1. Madilyn Leonard Benrubi
1820 Bristol County, RI

SOUTH CAROLINA

1. Bill Hughes
1800, 1810, 1820, 1830 & 1839 Kershaw Co., SC
1880 Lancaster County, SC Census
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS FOR LANCASTER COUNTY ONLY---
[1] two names only per request [2] full names only, no surname only
requests.

2. Aileen Greer Norris
1800 Kershaw Co., SC Census
1839 & 1850 Kershaw Co., SC Census

3. Brenda Nichols
CD#3 Marriage Index: AL, GA, SC 1641-1944
In any request to me, please address me by name, otherwise I may think it
is
a request to one of the many lists that I am on, and may wait for someone
else to answer it :). Thank you.

TENNESSEE

1. Mary Solomon
REQUEST MUST INCLUDE AN APPROXIMATE YEAR OF BIRTH, AND
ONLY FULL NAME REQUESTS, NO SURNAME SEARCHES.
1850 and 1860 Tennessee-all counties.
For people using the Tennessee-Kentucky 1850 census index CD, for a lot
of the counties included is also 1860, which
is very confusing. If 1860 is included within a county you are looking
for,
it lists all persons within a household, and the head of household is
signified by < or * . Also, I use the 1850 and 1860 Tennessee Census
Books
which list heads of households in alphabetical order and not by county.
So
requesting a name within a county and giving the page number is of no
help to
me. I need the name and approximate year of birth, to determine if I am
looking for a head of household or a child within a household. There are
very
few surnames that do not have multiples of the same given name. A lot of
times the person you are looking for is not in the county you thought
they
were, so an approximate year of birth is a MUST. 1870 and 1880
Cheatham Co., TN

1870 Sumner Co., TN

2. Terri McDonald Haulk
1830 & 1840 Hardeman Co., TN census

3. Sue Bates
1880 Moore Co., TN Census

4. Donetha Groover
1830 & 1840 Claiborne Co., TN Census
1830, 1840, & 1850 Campbell Co.

5. James M Burton
1810 Rutherford County
1810-1920 Census
Limited county Deed, Wills, Marriages and cemetery listings

6. Susie Jourdan-Grant
1850 Hardeman County Census
1910 Hardeman County Census

7. Wayne Duncan
Family Tree Maker Marriage Index CD #229 (1728-1850)
Family Tree Maker Marriage Index CD #2 (1720-1926)

TEXAS
1. T. Cheatham
1850 Angelina Co., & Cherokee Co TX

2. Sharon Huband
1850 Calhoun Co., & Medina Co., TX,
1850 Rio Grande Valley, TX, which includes Cameron, Starr and Webb
Counties

3. Wanda Lovell
1850 Galveston Co., TX

4. Candace Carter-Green
1870 Wood Co., TX 1870

5. Marguerite Prince Songy
Washington Co., TX 1850

6. Kathleen Grone
Texas Women Claimants 1845-1898
John Berry and His Children Book by Jack Pope which is over 800
pages (Berry book mainly deals with TEXAS)

7. Bage Neimeyer
1860-1870-1880 Montague Co., TX

UTAH

1. Patty
1880 and 1900 South Weber Township, Davis County Census

VERMONT

1. Karima
PLEASE PUT "KARIMA-LOOKUP PLEASE" IN THE SUBJECT LINE
OF YOUR REQUEST AND I WILL NEED AT LEAST ONE OF THE SURNAMES
TO INCLUDE BOTH FIRST AND LAST NAMES.
Marriages in Pownal, Vermont (Bennington County) to 1850

VIRGINIA
1. Ruth Eklund
1850 Franklin Co., VA census

2. Glenn Belcher
VA 1790 (all of the state)
Alleghany Co., VA 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870
Bland Co., VA 1870
Craig Co., VA 1920
Giles Co., VA 1810, 1840, 1850, 1870, 1880
Henry Co., VA 1830
Tazewell Co., VA 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880

3. Kim Schumacher
Spotsylvania Co., VA County Records 1721-1800
(Wills, Deeds, Marriage Licenses, Rev. Pensions)

4. Jeannine Johnson Dugan
1850 Halifax Co., VA census
1815 Directory of Landowners (and Gazeteer).
Volume two: South Central Regions (Bedford, Brunswick, Campbell,
Charlotte, Franklin, Greensville, Halifax, Henry, Lunenburg, Mecklenburg,
Patrick, Pittsylvania, Prince Edcward, Southampton and Sussex.)
Mecklenburg County Marriages 1765 - 1853
Index to Loudoun County Wills 1757 - 1850

5. Wayne Duncan
MUST HAVE - YEAR, NAME, AND COUNTY OF RESIDENCE (WILL DO AS TIME PERMITS)
1850 Lee Co., VA
1810 -1920 VA census
Family Tree Maker Marriage Index CD #229 (1728-1850)

6. Tony
1860 Lee County, VA

7. Laurie Aubrey
1850 Patrick County Census
1870 Patrick county Cenus Index

8. Faith Keahey
1790 VA Census (census actually covers 1782-85,
less than half counties are in it and has only head
of households)

9. Milly
Lee Co VA the Bicentennial History of Lee Co VA 1792-1992
Families of Washinton Co VA 1776-1976
1860 Federal Census of Washington Co VA
Marriages of Washington Co VA 1781-1853
High on a Windy Hill (a book of cemeteries)

WEST VIRGINIA
1. Sherry Neff
1860 Morgan Co., WV
1850 and 1870 Morgan Co, WV census
Morgan Co, WV Marriages..1820 - 1865
Morgan Co, WV Marriage Records 1865 - 1903
Morgan Co., WV DEATH Records 1865-1903
Graveyard History of Morgan Co., WV

2. Glenn Belcher
Braxton Co., WV 1850, 1860
Mason Co., WV 1850
Mercer Co., WV 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880
Pocahontas Co., WV 1850, 1860, 1870
Upshur Co., WV 1860, 1900
Wirt Co., WV 1850, 1860, 1870
Wyoming Co., WV 1850, 1870

3. Angela Whaley
1850 Barbour Co., WV census

4. Laurie Aubrey
1870 West Virginia Census Index

5. Wayne Duncan
Family Tree Maker Marriage Index CD #229 (1728-1850)

WISCONSIN
1. Mary Saggio
1850 Portage Co, WI

2. Chuck Miller
1870 Pepin Co., WI

3. Kathleen T. Choi
1860 Wisconsin Census Index for surname CLARK(E) only

WYOMING
1. JhaRee Miller
All counties of Wyoming, including
Yellowstone National Park" for 1900 & 1910

SPECIAL LOOKUPS

1. Susan

FTM CD's
2, 17, 113, 117, 118, 130, 131, 132, 134, 145, 146, 156, 159, 163, 164,
166, 167, 170, 171
172, 175, 177, 179, 181, 183, 189, 192, 193, 196, 209, 227, 228, 231,
236, 238, 243, 250,
251, 255, 258, 302, 304, 305, 310, 317, 318, 350, 351, 354, 400, 401,
402, 403, 449, 450,
590, 600

Then I have VOL 1 - 27 in World Family Tree CD's.
The only thing that I ask is that when a person asks for information
from 1-27 is that they can receive a GEDCOM or an rtf. attachment. I
have had problems sending to requestors and have had to end up copying
and mailing and with no help in postage of large envelopes of information.

2. Laura Hayes
Cherokee Roots, Vol. 1, Eastern Cherokee Rolls
Encylopedia of Western Gunfighters
Native Time, Historical Time Line of Native America

3. Mrs. GiJoeWW2
Cherokee Trail of Tears 1835 special census of Cherokee in
AL, GA, NC & TN before removal to OK. Mostly native names,
occupation, degree of Indian blood, whether reads English or
Cherokee, # of people in household, Geographical area of state,
county or river/creek area.

4. Robert T. Boone
1860 US Census Selected States/Counties CD #318

To find what is being transcribed currently AND what is already online, go
to http://www.usgenweb.org/census/states.htm and click on the state of your
choice, check back ever so often as they do get updated.

Don't forget, you can also go to
http://www.rootsweb.com/~uslookup/census.html RootsWeb Census Lookups and
see what is listed there too for online censuses.

Here is a web page about gravestone care - a real eye-opener:
http://members.aol.com/ctgravenet/dosdonts.htm

http://www.rootsweb.com/~usgwcens/help/censustips.html - This page has
Basic Census Information, where to obtain copies of the census, what
questions were asked on each census, etc..

Blank Census Forms http://www.familytreemaker.com (Genealogy How to), &
http://www.rootsweb.com/~iagenweb/census/fed_census/fed_rsrch_tools.htm
made by Sue Soden.

DO NOT FORWARD TO ANY OTHER LISTS! Thank you.

This thread: