CFT-WIN-L Archives

Archiver > CFT-WIN > 2000-11 > 0973966602

From: Peter and Rina Van Adrichem <>
Subject: Re: [CFTW] CFT versus TMG
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 13:16:42 -0500

What extension does your gedcom file have? Had you considered importing
yours into MS Access if the extension is compatible?

Whatever you do be sure to make a back up first no matter which program you
are going to try.

I am using the trial version of Cumberland Family Tree. Really nice
program, but does have a few bugs. I did a lot of research & I think
Cumberland allows for the most information records for an individual.

Rina

At 11:16 AM 10/27/00 -0600, you wrote:
>Ellen - check to see if your program will export and or save a GEDCOM
file.......if it does, then you are in business.......but dependant upon
what all your program will export ("to include" option.....)

>Amy.
>
>Ellen Schwartz wrote:
>
>> Hi All ...
>> I have been using "The Master Genealogist" for about two years now,
and I seem to always be having trouble with it.
>> It locks up frequently, causing me to have to cut the computer off
to regain control, not to mention that it just does not give me what I want
in information output. It seems designed "for the big picture" and not
individual records.
>> And, often, I need an individual record, including ALL citations for
that individual, but program is not designed to give me information this
way, short of a final printout, merged with Word, which is way down the
road at this point. I need working drafts without having to create
eventually useless Word files that will have to be deleted until I'm ready
to "publish."
>> So, before I switch programs again, I have two questions:
>>
>> #1) What do current Cumberland Family Tree users think of this
program ... Pros and Cons.

>> #2) Will it "copy" all records from "The Master Genealogist" so I
don't have to input them all again.