CFT-WIN-L Archives

Archiver > CFT-WIN > 2000-11 > 0974074631

From: Christian Perrier <> (by way of "George W. Durman" <>)
Subject: Re: [CFTW] Bug : No more shortcut keys when using french language
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 19:17:11 -0500

(CC: to Henri and list)

Quoting Henri Correard ():

> C'est moi qui ai commis la traduction de CFTW3, et dans un désir de bien
> faire, j'ai trop traduit: j'ai par exemple traduit [F-Key] (go to
father) par
> [Touche P] (aller au père) sans me rendre compte que cela était excesif,
> j'aurais du traduire par [P-Key]. Je suis en train de reprendre tout
cela, et
> je pense l'envoyer assez rapidement à Ira, mais si tu le souhaites je peux
> te faire parvenir une copie du fichier stdevent.tps (uniquement anglais et
> français) dès que j'ai fini de le corriger.

I answer to this one, as it contains what you plan to do (for people who
don't understand french, Henri explains that he is responsible for french
translation and that he made light mistakes in it). My opinion is the
following :

-CFTW2 old timers are very commited to single keystrokes with english
initials (F for father, M for mother and so on). I think that the french
translation should maybe keep them rather than translate them also.

-Of course, for new users, this may seems strange. And, for those, it is
better to use "translated" keystrokes.

So?

At this time, do what you feel is better, Henri. Maybe one idea would be
having *two* french translations : one where keystrokes are translated and
one where they are *not* translated. Don't know if this is possible.

For the future, Ira, I think it would be nice to have an option somewhere in
CFTW configuration for either using "translated" keystrokes, or us original
ones. There also, I don't know if it would be possible...or easy to achieve.

--

This thread: