CFT-WIN-L Archives

Archiver > CFT-WIN > 2000-11 > 0974120896

From: Ira J Lund <>
Subject: Re: [CFTW] Making gedcom from ver. 3.03
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 07:08:16 -0600

At 02:26 PM 11/13/2000 +0100, you wrote:
>Ira and/or all!
>Making a gedcom file I get the follwing problem with the individual notes.
>Example:
>
>1 NOTE His parents wanted him to learn farming, and he therefor went off to
>2 CONC ome relatives (GJELDSDRUP) who ran an exemplary farm named MOE (close
>2 CONC to Levanger).
>
>Note the single s on line 1. The word "some" has been cut in two by a
>carriage return.
>Why?

This is the way it is supposed to work. In GEDCOM a CONC (concantination)
is supposed to split at a non-space character. But the bug is the second
CONC which should have also split at a non-space character. I have been
told of this and will fix it. I think it does mess up things on an import
right now.

Ira
Mr. Ira J. Lund
E-mail: Web: http://www.cf-software.com

Cumberland Family Software, 385 Idaho Springs Road, Clarksville TN 37043

This thread: