CFT-WIN-L Archives

Archiver > CFT-WIN > 2000-11 > 0974480706

From: "Jens Erik Brammer" <>
Subject: RE: [CFTW] Name Search and Name Change Event
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 18:05:06 +0100

> Thanks for pointing this out. I don't think many are using the name change
> event and there evidently is a bug there. I will look into it.
>
> Ira
I use name change quite a lot. Younger generations with parents separating
tend to sometimes change to the family name of the other parent - typically
changing to the mothers surname.

Also, I always have people named in the name field by their given names
regardless of later name changes (this seams to be the standard used in
(older) family books in this country). Sometimes I wonder if it would be a
good idea to use the name change event to record and show the name presently
used by a person - typically a lady - who takes her husbonds surname when
married. Any comments to this?

Jens E. Brammer, Holte, Denmark

This thread: