CFT-WIN-L Archives

Archiver > CFT-WIN > 2000-11 > 0975390682

From: Christian Perrier <>
Subject: Re: [CFTW] "Abt"="ca" in french?
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 06:51:22 +0100

Quoting Henri Correard ():

> "ca" is an abbreviation of latin "circa" which means "about". It's frequently
> used by french genealogists as an abbreviation for "vers". You can find it in
> the list of commonly used abbreviations at

What an avalanche...:-). Looks like I'm still missing some genealogy skills.
My computer skills look better, thanks God..:)

IMHO, you should leave this unchanged, as circa is a "recognised"
abbreviation. I will change it to "vers" in my own setup, because I think it
is more understandable for non genealogists (la preuve...:-)) which are the
main public for written reports.

This thread: