CFT-WIN-L Archives

Archiver > CFT-WIN > 2000-11 > 0975401209

From: "George W. Durman" <>
Subject: [CFTW] U.S. & Canadian Official Postal States/Province Abbreviations
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 03:46:49 -0500

In case any newbies have joined up during the past 3-4 months, I am
posting this list of Postal abbreviations again. Many users, who are
involved in genealogy (and many who are not), often need the official
U.S. and Canadian States/Territories/Provinces abbreviations and don't
know where to look for them.

[If anyone is interested, I have this neatly formatted, and in multiple
columns, in MS Word/WordPerfect format with American and Canadian
flag graphics. If you want the file, send to me privately:

mailto:

Let me know if you want it in MS Word format (which version); or in
WordPerfect format (which version); MS Works format (which version);
or in .RTF format (which version).]

SgtGeorge

U.S. STATES ABBREVIATIONS & NAMES:

AK ALASKA
AL ALABAMA
AR ARKANSAS
AZ ARIZONA
CA CALIFORNIA
CO COLORADO
CT CONNECTICUT
DC DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
DE DELAWARE
FL FLORIDA
GA GEORGIA
HI HAWAII
IA IOWA
ID IDAHO
IL ILLINOIS
IN INDIANA
KS KANSAS
KY KENTUCKY
LA LOUISIANA
MA MASSACHUSETTS
MD MARYLAND
ME MAINE
MI MICHIGAN
MN MINNESOTA
MO MISSOURI
MS MISSISSIPPI
MT MONTANA
NC NORTH CAROLINA
ND NORTH DAKOTA
NE NEBRASKA
NH NEW HAMPSHIRE
NJ NEW JERSEY
NM NEW MEXICO
NV NEVADA
NY NEW YORK
OH OHIO
OK OKLAHOMA
OR OREGON
PA PENNSYLVANIA
RI RHODE ISLAND
SC SOUTH CAROLINA
SD SOUTH DAKOTA
TN TENNESSEE
TX TEXAS
UT UTAH
VA VIRGINIA
VT VERMONT
WA WASHINGTON
WI WISCONSIN
WV WEST VIRGINIA
WY WYOMING

U.S TERRITORIES/POSSESSIONS ABBREVIATIONS & NAMES:

AS AMERICAN SAMOA
FM FEDERATED STATES OF MICRONESIA
GU GUAM
MH MARSHALL ISLANDS