CHANNEL-ISLANDS-L Archives

Archiver > CHANNEL-ISLANDS > 1999-04 > 0924188515

From: "Chris & Elizabeth Greef" <>
Subject: JEHAN; VIDAMOUR; LE PREVOT
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 01:01:55 +1000

Hello Judith,

I have some information for you on the Jehan/Vidamour connection but some of
it would need verification.
I have both Judith Jehan and John Vidamour listed as godparents to Susanne
Le Prevot (b. 24.3.1764; bap. 1.4.1764 Castel) and John Vidamour as
godparent to Daniel Le Prevot (bap. 11.6.1769 Castel). I believe they are
related because the mother of these children was Marthe JEHAN (bap.
15.2.1729 Torteval) who married Jean LE PREVOT 13.1.1754 in St Andrews. I
could send you a much more comprehensive tree showing this information and
their line.

The following information comes from Angela Radford:
The parents of Marthe JEHAN were Daniel JEHAN and Marthe BREHAUT (m.
18.6.1727, parish unknown).
Other children of the marriage were:
Leonard JEHAN, b. 21.9.1736 (parish unknown, possibly Torteval)
Judith JEHAN, b. 5.10.1738 (parish unknown, possibly Torteval).

I think there may have been other siblings by looking at the godparent
information I have:
Thomasse JEHAN, Rachel JEHAN and Rebecca JEHAN, but I have no further
information on these.
I would be very pleased to hear from you.
Kind regards,
Elizabeth

Date: Thursday, 15 April 1999 1:58
Subject: GAVET; ANDERSON; CLEMENT; RABEY; CAOUARD

>Trying to pad out family details on families connected to my LIHOUs. Can
>anyone assist with the following -
>
>Judith VIDAMOUR b.3.7.1769 d/o John VIDAMOUR & Judith JEHAN. Judith
married
>James LIHOU b.16.7.1775 Any information on John & Judith VIDAMOUR and
their
>family would be appreciated.

>Judith Gensch, Brisbane, Australia
>My website is up & running: My book & research names at
>http://www.powerup.com.au/~jgensch/ or via my son's website at
>http://userwebs.cth.com.au/~timelord/book/

This thread: