CHANNEL-ISLANDS-L Archives

Archiver > CHANNEL-ISLANDS > 1999-08 > 0933818491

From: Chris Ireland & Jane Poulton <>
Subject: de Hugget/de Hugate
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 12:01:31 +1000 (EST)

Hi,
This probably seems a strange place to be asking this question, but as there
are so many who have French connections, I thought some kind person could
give me a lead.

This name has been taken back to 1155 (not by me, but someone researching in
1700's) and I gather they came from Normandy.

"de" I'm told is "of", but what or where would Hugget/Hugate be?

Looking forward to some replies........

Cheers, Jane
from Pakenham, in Victoria, Australia.
Kent FHS #5181

Scotland: Pearson;Kerr;Moffat;Willson;McGaw;McWhirter.
Kent: Dyason;Huggett;Pearce;White;Omar;Gray;Paulin;Croft;Sayer.
Ireland>USA: Carson;Egan.
Ireland: Reid;Aston;Robson. O'Loughlin;Collins.
Yorkshire: Ireland;Dudding;Freer;Major;Artley; Hopper. Hugget.
Guernsey>Australia: Mason;Gordon;Ebdon.
London,UK>Australia: Thompson.
Sweden>Australia: Johnson.

This thread: