CHANNEL-ISLANDS-L Archives

Archiver > CHANNEL-ISLANDS > 2001-04 > 0987276951

Subject: Monthly Review - more snippets....
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2001 15:35:51 EDT

More from the Here & Now section......(Feb 1943)

Congratulations to Miss Dulcie OGIER, of 47 Kilmarnock Rd, Shawlands, Glasgo=
w=20
- firstly on being one of the 8 chosen in that city to become a tram driver,=
=20
and secondly on the splendid broadcast on the 14th January, entitled: "How I=
=20
became a tram driver". The broadcast lasted 11=BD minutes covering 1,800 wor=
ds.=20
Miss OGIER is anxious to know if there are any other C.I. women tram drivers=
.

The children of Delancy Roman Catholic School staged an enjoyable Christmas=20
Concert at Winsford, where they are billeted. Sister DE SALES thanked all fo=
r=20
their assistance and help.

Mr Edward J. RICHARDSON of St Paul's Vicarage, Denholme, Bradford has every=20
reason to believe that his father, Mr P.N. RICHARDSON of Jersey is still=20
living, although his death was recorded in the C.I. Review and the B.C.=20
Canadian Bulletin. We extend our apologies, and regret any inconvenience tha=
t=20
may have been caused.

More to follow......

This thread: