CHANNEL-ISLANDS-L Archives

Archiver > CHANNEL-ISLANDS > 2004-10 > 1097949640

From: sjrobin <>
Subject: Re: [CI] My Gallienne Family
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 11:00:56 -0700 (PDT)

Travelling today, but will look this up later as there is a link between the Gallienne's and my Robin ancestors.

Stephen Robin

Lloyd Brehaut <> wrote:
Hi Bob,

Your Galliennes do not seem to match any of mine at present but I have found a few bits of info which might help if you don't already have them.

Baptism Register at Torteval Church, Guernsey has this entry on 21.11.1803:

Abraham Gallienne - Born 19.11.1803
Father: Nicolas
Mother: Catherine Sare, his wife
Godparents: Abraham Gallienne, Pierre Gallienne, Margueritte Langlois

The LDS site shows Abraham Gallienne b. abt 1805 in St. Peter Port, Guernsey
marrying in 1830: Sophie Pipet b abt 1809 in St. Peter Port, Guernsey

Her parents are: Father - Jean Pipet and Mother - Marie Dickson

Sophie's death is recorded as 22.5.1862

The 1881 Census according to the LDS site shows this family at 4 Alver Road,
Alverstoke, Hampshire.

Thomas Gallienne Head 46 Guernsey, C. I.
Naval Pensioner
Ellen Wife 41 Drypool, York, England
William Son 11 Gosport, Hampshire
Charles '' 11 ''
Thomas '' 9 ''
Francis '' 8 ''
Henry '' 5 ''
Agnes Dau 2 ''

Finally, Paul Murray ( ) on the Ancestry.com message board on 10 Jan 2001 writes:"I have William Sohier, (son of Charles Sohier) born early 1800's. I know he dies in the mid 1800's while married to a Matilda Sophie Gallienne, Daughter of Abraham Gallienne and Sophie Pipet. In the 1861 Alderney Census she was shown as a widower under her maiden name (Gallienne)."

Hope some of this might fill some gaps,

Regards,

Lloyd