CHANNEL-ISLANDS-L Archives

Archiver > CHANNEL-ISLANDS > 2009-05 > 1242590644

From: Tom Robinson <>
Subject: [CI] Le Lacheur / Blondel
Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 21:04:04 +0100

Hi

I can confirm the marriage of Elizabeth Blondel and Charles Le Lacheur
on Alderney on 5th Jun 1837, this was recorded in the local registers
as kept by the family history society on the Island.
In 1841 they are living at Rutte Bree Gurnsey, with two children.
Rutte Bree
Charles Le Lacheur 25 Cooper J Y
Elizabeth 25 Alderney
Charles 3 Y
Elizabeth 2 Y
I also have two other children Jane born St Peter Port abt 1859 and
John born about 1852 also at St Peter Port, I can only assume John was
a son by the fact he was living next door at Rutte Bree in 1881

Elizabeth was the daughter of John (Jean) Blondel by his first wife
Elizabeth Le Ber, she was born 1st Nov 1815 on Alderney
John Blondel was the Island carpenter born Jul 1788 on Alderney, son
of Matthieu "from the isle of Guernsey" by his wife Thomasse Le Ber.
Elizabeth was the daughter of Seigneur Nicholas Le Ber, she was born
18 Jun 1786 and died 18 Jan 1841, buried in the old churchyard St
Annes Alderney.

I am researching the Blondel line in Alderney.

I don't know if or how they connect with any Elsie Blondel Lacheur or
Jean Blondel Lacheur later on Guernsey.

Cheers Tom

This thread: