CHANNEL-ISLANDS-L Archives

Archiver > CHANNEL-ISLANDS > 2011-05 > 1304510207

From: "" <>
Subject: Re: [CI] Channel Island Birth Records
Date: Wed, 04 May 2011 11:56:47 -0000

Author: robertgillisnj
Surnames: Pennell, Chisholm, le Montais
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.britisles.channelislands.general/3888.1.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

This reply does not answer my primary question.which I repeat

The Channel Island Births on BetaFamilySearch start in 1820. Would earlier birth records be included with the England births?

The info you give can be found or deduced from the GVR and Babson's History of Gloucester (MA) except for

1a, > His first wife was Sarah Cheismore/Chisholm.

When and where were they married;when and where did she die?

1b. > Thomas' parents are Philip Pinel and Anne le Montais.

None of the 4 WorldConnect files on her have any notes or sources. When and where were they married?

What is your source for this information other than Babson.?

2.> In 1710 he had a common right in Gloucester, derived from his grandfather, Robert Elwell. Three years later he sold land there.
Per GVR: Thomas Pinniel died in Gloucester age *about* thirty-four years."

What is your source for Thomas Pinnel being a grandson of Robert Elwell?

Important Note: