CHANNEL-ISLANDS-L Archives

Archiver > CHANNEL-ISLANDS > 2012-03 > 1331876712

Subject: [CI] Fw: Elie Romeril.
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 18:45:12 +1300

Hi Anne and Colin,

The Elie md to Esther (DE LA HAYE) I believe to be the son of Elie ROMERIL
and Naine (sic) HAMON.

1841 CENSUS
District 2
PAGE 11
Elie Romeril 75 Mason Y
Elie Romeril 41 Carpenter Y
Esther 38 Y
Marguerite 16 Y
Nency 14 Y
Sucky 11 Y
Elie 8 Y
John 4 Y
Mary Ann 3 Y
Jane 1 Y

I believe, though cannot prove at this stage, that the Elie aged 75 is the
Elie father of Elie aged 41.

The baptism, in Trinity:

TRINITY BAPTISM
3.11.1799 - Elie son of Elie ROMERIL and Marie HAMON
[Father and Eliz Rommeril]

I feel pretty sure that the Marie HAMON is a transcript error or an error in
the original entry. Or perhaps she was Marie and 'Naine' is a repeating
error?
You could have to go back to the original baptism books.

I certainly know that Elie ROMERIL and Naine (sic) HAMON were both alive in
April 1833. No reason to believe that Elie was not alive in 1841.

Pam