CHEROKEE-L Archives

Archiver > CHEROKEE > 1998-08 > 0902095174

From: monra <>
Subject: Re: [CHEROKEE-L] SONICOOIE/CORDERY
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 1998 14:59:34 -0700 (PDT)

Annette, today I read a book "Whites among the Cherokees" , Georgia
1828-1838. ed. by Warren and Weeks, 1987. It has a sketch of Thomas
Cordery's (ca 1763-1840s) family. He took a reservation (reserve?) on
the Chattahoochee under the 1817 treaty, later moved to a settlement
on Vickery's Creek, a few mi. from Cumming, where he died.

--- wrote:

> Dan,
>
> Tell me about Susie GOURD, if you please. Monra and I are
researching this
> same line and several descendants down from the SONICOOIE/CORDERY's
appears:
> Eliza GOURD Hicks m Lewis R CORDERY, William Lafayette CORDERY m
Elizabeth