CHEROKEE-L Archives

Archiver > CHEROKEE > 1999-11 > 0942252067

From: "Scobrena" <>
Subject: [CHERO-CULTURE] Re: Mary's request - WILCOX, CHAMBERS, WALTON
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 10:41:07 -0600

First, Jefferson Parks Chambers was Cherokee, son of Anna Eliza Chambers,
father unknown (as far as this book is concerned, but I suspect his last
name was Chambers). Emma Wilcox married twice in the Hendricks line.

I have a hard time deciphering the numbers before the generations and kids
so I'll try to type it as it is written. For those numbers following a
number and are slightly raised I will put / behind it and a space before the
next number.

HENDRICKS
1 1/ Susannah - William Hendricks
1 1/ 1 2/ James R. Hendricks - Nannie Woodall
2 Annie Hendricks - George Peacheater and Felix Riley
3 Jane Hendricks - John Terrell and Green Parris
4 Margaret Hendricks - Andrew Woodall
5 John Hendricks - Pretia Tiesky and Mary Jane Brogan nee
McLaughlin
6 Nancy Hendricks - Henry Chambers
7 Susannah Hendricks - Abraham Woodall
8 Catherine Hendricks - James Chambers
9 William H. Hendricks - Narcissa Crittenden and Ann Eliza
Benge
nee Linder ( Wiiliam died without issue)
10 Willis Hendricks - Araminta Fish
11 Franklin Hendricks - Annie Terrell nee Woodall
12 Elizabeth Hendricks - James R. Gourd
13 Thomas Hendricks - Nellie Ragsdale

1 1/ 1 2/ 1 3/ Jennie Hendricks - John Ragsdale
2 Jonas Hendricks
3 Dennis Hendricks - Eliza Jane Fish
4 Minerva Hendricks - Joseph Poorboy and George Craft
5 Cornelia Hendricks
6 Louisa Hendricks - ____ Miles

1 1/ 2 2/ 1 3/ Susan Riley - Ellis R. Gourd
_________
2 William Beatty - Louisa Parris
3 Sallie Beatty
_________
4 Looney Price - Sarah Wofford

1 1/ 3 2/ 1 3/ Rebecca Terrell - Coleman Roberson
2 Nannie Terrell - Green Terrell
3 Elizabeth Terrell - George Bolin
_________
4 Sallie Parris
5 Henry Parris - Barbara Marshall
6 Emma Parris - Stephen Spears
7 John Parris - Catherine Terrell

1 1/ 4 2/ 1 3/ Daniel Woodall - Emaline Ragsdale
2 William Woodall - Potts
3 Annie Woodall - Aaron Terrell
4 Caroline Woodall - John Beaver Post

1 1/ 5 2/ 1 3/ Elnora Hendricks - George R. Gourd

1 1/ 6 2/ 1 3/ Ann Eliza Chambers (died without issue)
2 Mary A. Chambers - John Ross Hicks
3 Vann Chambers - Jennie Diana McCoy
4 Elizabeth Chambers - Lippman Rosenthal and Charles
Lamb
(died without issue)
5 Jefferson Parks Chambers - Melissa Parris and Emma
Wilcox
6 Amelia Delilah Chambers - David Lair Denny (died
without issue)
7 William Maxwell Chambers - Belle Bray
8 Lettie Boyd Chambers - David Lair Denny (died
without issue)
9 Nancy Jane Chambers (died without issue)

1 1/ 7 2/ 1 3/ Thomas Fox Woodall - Mary Fields and Emma Fields
nee Howland

1 1/ 8 2/ 1 3/ Elsie Jane Chambers - William Walkley, George Nipper and
David Lair Denny
2 George Sanders Chambers - Belle Chouteau nee Smith
3 David Chambers
4 Robert Emory Chambers - Charlotte Ann Diedrich
5 James Chambers
6 William A. Chambers - Minnie Brown and Emma Chambers
nee Wilcox
7 Mary Ella Chambers - John Phillips (died without
issue)
8 Maxwell Chambers - Nellie White

1 1/ 9 2/ 1 3/ Fannie Hendricks - Frank Kerr

1 1/ 10 2/ 1 3/ Fannie E. Hendricks - Montgomery Canada
2 Rachel Hendricks - Daniel Turner
3 Charles Hendricks (died without issue)
twins 4 White Hendricks - Rose Case and Mary Fossett
twins 5 Oscar Hendricks (died without issue)
6 Robert M. Hendricks - Gay Howard

1 1/ 12 2/ 1 3/ Eliza R. Gourd - Robert Watson Hicks and Lewis C. Cordery
2 Elizabeth Gourd - William L. Cordery
3 Ellen Gourd - Daniel Webster Lowrey
4 Thomas Gourd - Sallie Buse
5 Jeanette Gourd - William L. Cordery and George W.
Griffin

1 1/ 13 2/ 1 3/ Rufus Hendricks - Susie Stanley
2 Thomas Hendricks - Stanley and Bessie Bagley
3 Susie Hendricks
4 Janana Hendricks

This is exactly the way the book has this information. I have no dates to
go with the marriages, no other references to your Emma Wilcox in the book,
but at least you have a bit more info than you did previously. There are no
other Wilcox names in the book. Sorry. There is only one WALTON, but the
name is Ora Walton who married Walton David Breedlove in the Chisolm -
Wilson line.

I'm sending to the group as I see several surnames from others here.

Good luck!

Debra K.

This thread: