CHESHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CHESHIRE > 1998-02 > 0886691260

From: "kateh" <>
Subject: [CHESHIRE-L] Holland
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 1998 09:07:40 -0600

I have just started to look for my great grandfather's family.

Thomas HOLLAND from MACCLESFIELD m. Elizabeth BURTON from NOTTINGHAM
(SHIRE?) before 1890. Emigrated to US with children Beatrice and Thomas and
had my grandfather (the baby) in 1899. Must have come to US 1896-98.

My father remembers Thomas HOLLAND was a tailor.

I just started to do this research and I don't even know where to start.
Someone so kindly (thank you!) researched the 1881 Cheshire Census for me
and the only possibility would be Thomas HOLLAND unm. 23 yrs Tailor b. CHS
Macclesfiled. 83 MILL LAND SUTTON-IN-MACCLESFIELD.

I live in Milwaukee WI and am stumped at the maze of records in England and
how do I get access to them??

PS can you tell I'm new at this?

Please help!!!

Mary Holland Hocker at