Archiver > CHESHIRE > 1998-04 > 0892349126

From: "Bruce Ardern" <>
Subject: Re: [CHESHIRE-L] Newton Colliery? Cheshire
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 1998 14:45:26 +1200

According to my recently aquired wonderful 1777map of Cheshire there are
coal pits noted at Newton Heath midway between Hyde and Duckinfield, and
east of Mottram in Longdendale.

Thanks again to Dave Jowitt. I have pieced the map together and have it on
a wall. It measures nearly five feet by four feet and at one mile to the
inch has remarkable detail. A wonderful tool to use while researching and
doing detective work.

Bruce Ardern, 127 Main Rd., Katikati, 3063, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand
Genealogy interests, Surname ARDERN James & wife Elizabeth,
Altrincham/Timperley/Bowdon, Mere, Cheshire, UK early to late 1700's

This thread: