CHESHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CHESHIRE > 1998-06 > 0898187471

From: Shelley Firth <>
Subject: [CHESHIRE-L] Cheshire marriage
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 10:31:11 -0600

Hi again all,
I am wondering if someone can give me a push in the right direction on
a problem I am having. I cannot find my gg grandfather's place of
birth. He very unfortunately traveled alot and was not home on either
the 1881 or 1891 census so while I have the rest of the family, not
him!! I thought maybe to try to find his marriage to get more info. If
I believe him to have been married in Birkenhead, Cheshire as his wife
was born there and they resided there after their marriage, and I know
the approx. year of the marriage and his full name but only his wife's
first name but not maiden name, what would be the best way to try to
find this marriage without it costing me a fortune?? I am hoping
someone on the list has some ideas for me!!! Thank you very much!

Shelley Firth
Canada

This thread: