CHESHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CHESHIRE > 1998-06 > 0898457239

From: "Sue Banks" <>
Subject: Re: [CHESHIRE-L] 1851 Chester
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 1998 19:27:19 +0000

Donald wrote:

Hello Susan,

I have the 1851 Census index for Chester: it gives only the surname, and
then a list of Folio numbers on which that surname appears: there are no
first names, or any other details:

There is a very long list of Jones for both HO2171 (about 300) and 2172
(about 400)( those are just the surname, and could be many more
individuals) , but if you receive any info to narrow down the search, I can
let you have the possible folio numbers.

Donald Massey

Donald,

This is really kind of you, but I didn't ask about Jones. I'm copying
this reply to the list, in the hope that the Susan who did ask sees
your reply. There are rather a lot of Susans around!

I am looking for Postlethwaite, in Higher Bebington, plus my in-laws
Banks, who were in Hale near Altrincham & Liverpool.

Thanks for your help. I know you are very good at offering help,
which is always interesting & much appreciated.
Sue Banks
Knutsford
Cheshire

This thread: