CHESHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CHESHIRE > 1998-11 > 0912238841

From: "Gary Calveley" <>
Subject: [CHESHIRE-L] 1861 Census - calveley surname
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 1998 17:40:41 +1000

Dear friends,

I spent a full day in the Family Records Centre in London last week
researching the Calveley surname. I have a birth certificate of a Joseph
Calveley , born in Dec 1861 at 22, Grosvenor Street Tranmere. I can trace
the address in the 1851 census & the 1871 census (neither of which help me).
I can find no reference to Grosvenor street in the 1861 census. I have
searched the full 1861 census film for Birkenhead, Tranmere & Wirral and I
am unable to trace it so it does not appear to be a typing error by the PRO.
Has anyone come across a similar problem with the 1861 census. Any ideas ?

many thanks

Gary Calveley
Yorkshire
England