CHESHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CHESHIRE > 1999-01 > 0917237433

From: "Matthew Birrell" <>
Subject: Re: [CHESHIRE-L] JOHN&HANNAH NIXON - MAYORS -STAFFS.
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 14:10:33 +1000

Dear Friends, I am submitting these names again, hoping for some leads.
Many kind thanks to those who have helped....Thelma for Heather in
Australia.

Email:- <>
Web: http://www.ozemail.com.au/~mrbirrell/
Link - Birrell Clan - Electric Scotland -
www.electricscotland.com/webclans/atoc/birrell2.html
>Dear Genie Friends, NIXON - WOOD RESEARCHERS.
>
>I was surprised with these emails concerning John and Hannah NIXON
and their links to EZRA - GEORGE etc.
>I have been researching NICKSON (NIXON) through STAFFORDSHIRE LIST
>for some time for my friend Heather Hazelman.
>She has done a lot of research on her forbear Esther Nickson (Nixon) WOOD
>who was the daughter of John WOOD and Hannah (Nickson) NIXON.
>>(I have just noticed on re reading this that the MAIN names are NIXON and
>not WOOD.)
>>Still, Hannah was the daughter of NIXON which may be a long bow, but worth
>the try...
>Heather's WOOD/NICKSON (NIXON) family were in Baswick 1790's as
>JOHN WOOD married 1797 to HANNAH NICKSON (NIXON)
>Were these families ' BOAT PEOPLE ' on the narrow boats ?
>>They were in Wolverhampton 1820's and Rugeley 1799 to 1820's
>Other names are GRATTON and a full pedigree is held for that family
>Thanks to Ruth in Northumberland.
>Other names are THOMAS GETHING c.1847 at Rugeley
>Thomas James HOWARD at Rugeley c.1847
>
>I post these to all those on the emails I received and trust you enjoy
>your day. No need to reply if you have no links....
>I appreciate your interest......Thelma for Heather at Maroochydore in
>Queensland.

This thread: