CHESHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CHESHIRE > 1999-01 > 0917266863

From: Brett Langston <>
Subject: Re: [CHESHIRE-L] Drakelow?
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 12:21:03 GMT

The message <>
from "lilian andrew" <> contains these words:

> I have a will dated 1777 that ends;
> "..Nominate & appoint my two sons John & Peter Percival along with
> Robert Whitlow of Drakelow in ye county of Chester......"
> I cannot find Drakelow in Cheshire. Anyone any ideas?

Drakelow consists of just a couple of farmhouses in the former
township of Rudheath, off the Roman Road (King Street) between
Northwich and Middlewich. You'll only find it marked on large-scale
maps nowadays, but it's centred roughly one mile south of Lach Dennis village.

Hope this helps,

Brett Langston
The Family History Society of Cheshire
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/blangston/fhs