CHESHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CHESHIRE > 1999-03 > 0920303640

From: "Gilbert Upton" <>
Subject: [CHESHIRE-L] GOOD NEWS - CANDLER, Alderley Edge
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 15:54:00 -0000

Judie

How could I have doubted you! I have spoken with the Record
Office at Southport Crematorium and bingo we have got a result.
Their records show:-

Leonard Christopher CANDLER died 15 March 1974, age given as 84,
and cremated in Southport Crematorium on 20 March 1974. His
address given as 38 Greetby Hill, Ormskirk, Lancashire L39 2DS.

No forename with the initial *W* recorded and there is a
difference over his age if indeed he was born 1887. The records
note that the ashes were collected by the undertaker but they
did not know where they went. I mentioned probably to Alderley
Edge as per your earlier message.

Regards,

G i l UPTON, Southport, England