CHESHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CHESHIRE > 1999-05 > 0925941889

From: "Pam Owen" <>
Subject: [CHESHIRE-L] WYBUNBURY ANCESTORS
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 23:04:49 +0100

WYBUNBURY MILLENNIUM EXHIBITION

Another request re the above. Have you any Wybunbury ancestors, whether
there for a long or short period of time (or their descendants still
there!)?

I am trying to find out about trades and occupations for any period of time.
Could you send me a list (or only one) of your Wybunbury ancestors (and
addresses would be great) whose occupations you know? This will not be as
onerous as it sounds as it will usually be only the menfolk and of course
the families usually carried on the same trade, often at the same address,
for generations.

The 1841 census for Wybunbury does not identify individual addresses. Each
household simply states "Wybunbury" - which is a great help I don't think.
Didn't they know we want to know this information?? We are trying to fit the
families and their occupations to the addresses we know from tithe maps.
Some baptism records for a short period of time show the father's occupation
but both the PRs and the BTs vary from difficult to impossible to read on
film.

If you can help, please mail me direct on

This may help you in your quest of course :-)

TIA, Pam Owen - Wybunbury paris

This thread: