CHESHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CHESHIRE > 1999-05 > 0928153941

From: "CP & IR Williams" <>
Subject: [CHESHIRE-L] "The Wirral Peninsula" and "Sidelights on Tranmere"
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 13:32:21 +0100

The book I have "The Wirral Peninsula" by Norman Ellison was first published
in May 1955 and reprinted afterwards.the copy I have is from July 1962. The
Publishers are Robert Hale Limited 63 Old Brompton rd London SW 7.

My copy is an old ex library one that I was fortunate enough to get my hands
on.
There are many references such as the one I posted here the other day, it's
also full of history, wild life of Wirral, old Wirral customs and more. It
is part of the "Regional Books" series.

I'm sorry I have no idea if it is available any more.
For those of you who live overseas have you tried www.amazon.com
If they don't have one in stock they as far as I'm aware, contact their
network of used book suppliers and get back to you about it.

I also have another book some of you might be interested in called
"Sidelights on Tranmere" by J.E Allison M.A.it was published by The
Birkenhead History Society, my copy of this is again second hand and I have
no idea if the Society still print this book, maybe someone else could
advise you better. It contains references to inhabitants of Tranmere, a lot
of history, photographs and maps, it doesn't have any photographs of the
churches however.

Caryl Williams

This thread: