CHESHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CHESHIRE > 2000-01 > 0948420255

From: Rose McDonald <>
Subject: [CHS] Introduction
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 20:04:15 -0600

Hello to everyone on this list.

I would like to introduce myself to the list. My name is Rose McDonald,
formerly Rosina Ellen ASHCROFT, granddaughter of Thomas John and Rosina
(formerly LUKEHURST) ASHCROFT. I am researching my family tree and I am
hoping I have the right list for some kind soul to be able to do a look
up for me.

Here is my problem. First the info on Thomas J. Jr. :

My Uncle Thomas ASHCROFT lived and died in Elham in 1939. He used to
own a bicycle shop there and apparently died in a "crash", as told to me
by a relative. Unfortunately they do not have any more information. I
believe he died in the first quarter of 1939. His wife was named Nell
CLAYTON/CLAYSON. They had two children, a son Leslie and a daughter
Nina. Leslie apparently went to "America" with his wife and children. I
can't find Leslie or his family.

My request is: Would some kind soul have access to the newspapers that
service the Elham/Folkstone area, possibly look up the obit for Thomas.
His wife Nell died in 1996 in Elham also.

I live in fridgid Canada find the need to ask for this favour. I would
be forever greatful for this informtion.

Thanking you in advance

Rose

email:

This thread: