CHESHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CHESHIRE > 2000-03 > 0953306137

From: <>
Subject: [CHS] NIELD BRADBURY BUCKLEY DAY WHITEHEAD
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 10:15:37 EST

Hello Cheshire:

I have subscribed to this list for some time hoping to see a post on the
NIELD family. Since this has not happened, I thought it was time to post my
query. I have a collection of letters (1860-1876) written by Sarah Ann NIELD
that I plan to publish for its poignant tale of painful separation
experienced after a brother left for America. Sarah was the daughter of
William NIELD (ca. 1803-14/3/1860) and Henrietta who also had John I. NIELD
(1820-21/5/1865), Mary NIELD(b. abt. 1832) m. Moses BRADBURY, William (b.
abt. 1837) and Alice NIELD (m. Joseph H. BUCKLEY?). William NIELD had 5
children including twins, Emma and Martha b. 19/11/1871. Mary and Moses
Bradbury had James William, John Herbert, Mary Hannah and Harriet.

The letters mention family members such as Cousin Alice BOUKER, nephew Robert
BUCKLEYand brother Joseph H. BUCKLEYof Upper Mill, Grandfather Day (d. June
1868), brother-in-law Thomas DAY, nephew Frederick DAY, Uncle Robert TURNER
(d. 2/9/1866), Cousin Mary TURNER and worthy master/mill owner James H.
WHITEHEAD, Esq. d. 1871.

Place names include Upper Mill, Saddleworth, Royal George, Stubbins Vale,
Strongstry, Stubbinsvale Mills near Ramsbottom, and Lumb Hollow.

Although this information is slim, I would so much appreciate hearing from
anyone who has any knowledge of these families or can help to identify the
places named.

I send my kindest regards from Little Falls NJ USA. I have visited
Macclesfield many times and wish I was there once again to see the lovely
primroses that most likely are in bloom just now.

Myra E. Lane

This thread: