CHESHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CHESHIRE > 2000-04 > 0955883669

From: "jones family" <>
Subject: Re: [CHS] RE-WILLIAMS
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2000 20:44:29 +0930

Re Dorothy Walker's message was:
<<I am looking for information on my grandmother Elizabeth WILLIAMS, she was
born in 1875 in Clywd, North Wales (Cefn Coed), and had three sisters named
Margaret, Helen, and Katherine>>

Clwyd covers the old counties of Denbighshire and Flintshire, but I don't
think there's a place called Cefn Coed in either. There are several Cefn's
though. The family listed below from the 1881 census could be yours, though
the ages don't match. The Church of Wales hasn't allowed the LDS to film
parish registers - these can only be viewed at the Flintshire or
Denbighshire Record Offices, the National Library of Wales at Aberystwyth or
transcriptions at the Clwyd Family History Society. Only some bishop's
transcripts are available at the LDS. It might be worth your while joining
the very helpful Clwyd mail list. You can also get more information at
GENUKI
http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/wal/DEN/#index
Hope that helps
Brenda
South Australia

Dwelling: Tyn Y Bont
Census Place: St Asaph, Denbighshire, North Wales
Source: FHL Film 1342328 PRO Ref RG11 Piece 5529 Folio 32 Page
19

Evan WILLIAMS, 48, M, Cefn St Mary, Denbigh, Wales
Rel: Head
Occ: Agric Lab
Eliza WILLIAMS, 49, F, Llanfairtalhaiarn, Denbigh, Wales
Rel: Wife
Occ: Agric Labs Wife
Margaret WILLIAMS 16, F, Cefn St Mary, Denbigh, Wales
Rel: Daur
Occ: Agric Labs Daur
Catherine WILLIAMS 3, F, Cefn St Mary, Denbigh, Wales
Rel: Daur
Occ: Agric Labs Daur
Elizabeth A. WILLIAMS 4 mths, F, Cefn St Mary, Denbigh, Wales
Rel: Daur

This thread: