CHESHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CHESHIRE > 2000-08 > 0966378414

From: "Helen Verrall" <>
Subject: RE: [CHS] the lord of misrule???
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 15:26:54 -0700

Phyllis

In today's parlance, Entertainments Officer, with special
dispensation.

The Host appointed, a guest usually, for a day to be Lord of
Misrule. He was allowed to demand that the company do as he bid!!
E.g. Everybody sit on the floor at the table!!! He organized
Games, dancing, Tricks etc. I gather was considered a privilege
to be appointed.

That ends today's Lesson.

Phyllis, I think you could call the last few days " Potted English
History"

Helen

"To know what you know and to know what you don't know is
knowledge"
- Confucious

Helen Verrall

Lower Hutt