CHESHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CHESHIRE > 2000-10 > 0971105015

From: Larue Olsen <>
Subject: Re: [CHS] Listing of BMDs in Cheshire
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2000 09:23:35 -0600

Terry and others.
This sounds like a simple question but would take hours to type up.
I have around 20 or more pages of Cheshire parishes that are in the LDS IGI.
The parishes vary, as well as the years for marriage or just the christenings.
I will look up a parish is you want. Just let me know as I have a list at home.

The marriage CD has a list of 2 pages of parishes but can not be copied
from the CD. That means someone needs to spend an hour or more transcribing
it into a word processor. I will be doing this but I am so busy
teaching a English genealogy research class for the next 10 weeks I'm not
sure when I will get to it.
I love the CD. But you need to realize that all marriages are not going to be
on the IGI or even the CD even if your parish is listed as being extracted
or Bertrame has been threw the parish. I have lots of marriages
in my data base that should be on the IGI and their not. I have marriages that
should be on the CD and their not. The records are poor and its easy to
miss them. The registers are not always in consecutive order and its hard
to find
a marriage even though its supposed to be on a LDS film.
Bertrams marriage CD is great because even if you don't find a marriage that
you are looking for you can see at a glance which parishes have your
surnames. Its a great tool to use to see where surnames are originating.
Remember that the wife usually got married in her parish and so a marriage
can be difficult to find. Bertrams CD has quite a few Chester parishes listed
and I'm excited about those marriages. I think the Bertram CD is a wonderful
research tool if you are searching around 20 parishes in and around Bunbury.

LDS IGI include on microfiche
Parish, period of time, and whether they did extrated chr, marr, and burials.
Last dated 1988 I believe. They missed lots of names however.

Larue in America