CHESHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CHESHIRE > 2000-10 > 0973006354

From: "Ralph or Joyce Franke" <>
Subject: [CHS] POTTS
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 08:32:34 -0700

I am looking for information on John POTTS, born around 1750
or a little later. He served in the British Army in
campaigns in Egypt and Ireland, among other places,
according to family information written by his grandson, Dr.
George Jerald (note the J) POTTS, in the Potts Family book,
1901. John P liked Ireland so well he moved his family
there, some time before 1795 or so when his son, Alexander,
my ancestor, was born there.

Dr. George P gave a lot of family info, but did not know for
sure where his grandfather was born, either Cheshire or
Derbyshire, he wrote. So far, I have been unable to find
anything on John in either place. Can anyone help me? Thanks
in advance for any help.

Joyce

This thread: