CHESHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CHESHIRE > 2001-03 > 0985773028

From: "Lynn Bateman" <>
Subject: [CHS] WILL QUERY
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 11:01:00 +0100

Some years ago I copied an entry from a book entitled "Wills from Probate Registry: Chester, from 1801 to 1810" published in 1912.

I believe the following entry refers to my ggg-grandfather:

WARRINGTON, John, of Bromborough, farmer. Ad. 6 Nov. 1810. (see 1858)

This entry is not on the online list of Cheshire Wills but does anyone know if it is likely that this Will is still in existence, or does the index of names in the book just refer to wills where administration rights have been granted? Also would the phrase "See 1858" ( I have not seen this volume) mean a relationship to a later will?

My gg-grandfather was THOMAS WARRINGTON of Tranmere (formerly of Bromborough) who died in December 1857.

Any words of wisdom would be appreciated.

Researching WARRINGTON, WAR(E)ING, SHEWELL, PERREY, MANIFOLD, HANKINSON in Bromborough and Tranmere before 1860.

Lynn
Liverpool

This thread: