CHESHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CHESHIRE > 2001-10 > 1003618088

From: (MICHAEL)
Subject: Re: [CHS] Adshead, Weetman, Daine
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2001 08:48:08 +1000

Hi Gwyneth and Rachel-and anybody else similarly placed!

Count me in,too. Without working from my notes I am descended from Samuel
POTTS of Macclesfield who married Elizabeth DEAN around 1815 or thereabouts.
One of their children married an ADSHEAD (there's an UPTON floating around
there somewhere if anyone is interested) and I am led to believe that
Samuel's brother William was Mayor of Macclesfield in the 1850's. Now with
three of your family names in your tree you'd think there would be a
connection, wouldn't you!

Michael Sumner-Potts
Cairns, Queensland

At 12:52 PM 20/10/01 +0100, Gwyneth Bryant wrote:
>Hi Rachel
>
>I have both DEAN (DAIN) and ADSHEAD appearing in my tree!
>
>I have Hannah Adshead who married William POTTS at St Mary's Bowdon, 1 Sep
>1811
>
>and I have Sarah DAIN (or DEAN) who married John KELSALL and they had
>children William Dean Kelsall, John (b 1815 in Sale) and Sarah that I know
>of. I am descended from their son John who married Charlotte GOODIER at
>Manchester Cathedral in 1834.
>
>Also my ggg grandmother was Hagar who I think was a DEAN - she was born
>about 1764- 1769 in Altrincham, possibly the dau of Isaac and Mary.
>
>I have part of the 1891 Census for Altrincham if this helps. Also what are
>your other family names I may recognise a few here. A lot of my family on
>my father's side come from Timperley, Altrincham, Sale and Ashton on Mersey.
>
>I look forward to hearing from you.
>
>Gwyneth
>Taunton, Somerset (just down the road from you!)

This thread: