CHESHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CHESHIRE > 2001-10 > 1004346262

From: "Sue Fielding" <>
Subject: Re: [CHS] Royal College of Arms
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 09:04:22 +0000

Hello Pam, thank you once again for your reply. This is almost a trump card
and full of useful things which I shall follow up as soon as I can. I have
been looking at the Chancery cases in the PRO but have not tapped quarter
sessions.
This Robert Hyde of Denton was a great guy and his family pedigree has been
meticulously recorded by Earwaker. His male line died out in 1684 when his
son Robert left only a daughter. Hyde Hall in Denton is still standing,
just. It is a wonderful, comfortable feeling place but in a woeful state of
disrepair. No Hydes have ever lived there since although the villages around
were full of them. Robert Hyde of Ardwick is firmly believed to have
descended from a Thomas Hyde of Haughton, a village barely 1 mile distant.
ALL of these Hydes originated from the roots of Mathew de Hida of Hyde in
the 12th.c. but spread outwards through the neighbouring districts.
Sue