CHESHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CHESHIRE > 2002-02 > 1014488699

From: "John Farrall" <>
Subject: [CHS] Smethwicks Safest Milk
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 13:24:59 -0500

Hello Listers,
This is a historical question. I am researching information on a cousin - George FARRALL - who was born in Pennsylvania, USA in 1911, but raised by his family relatives both in Crewe and Oxton. I have a photograph of young George, dated 1925, standing beside a milk wagon. Also in the photograph are seven other staff members with their horse and wagons and all in front of a brick building bearing a road sign reading "SYCAMORE ROAD". The wagon beside young George reads: "Smethwick's Safest Milk" on the front and "Bray & Bailey, Sycamore Road" on the side. Does anyone have a clue where Sycamore Road may be located? Is there any historical information on Smethwick's Safest Milk? I would appreciate any information you might have. Thanks and regards.

John Farrall
Burke, Virginia USA

This thread: