CHESHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CHESHIRE > 2002-02 > 1014665725

Subject: [CHS] Trade Directories look-up please
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 14:35:25 EST

Please could SKS look up Saul MORGAN, Shoe Maker? He was on the marriage
certificate of my gggparents, Thomas STRETCH and Eliza MORGAN on 17 May 1847
in Church of St Mary, Parish of Birkenhead, as Eliza's father. I've not been
able to locate him anywhere else subsequently. Assistance would be greatly
appreciated.

I've also noticed look-ups offered which cross the border into Lancashire. As
I only subscribe to the Cheshire and Clwyd lists, could I be cheeky and ask
for any info on Thomas SHERWOOD, Watch Maker of Prescot, as well? I found him
in the Directory of Lancashire 1858 as Watch Movement Maker at Acres Lane,
Prescot. I believe this was towards the end of his life or else it could have
been his son as he had children in the 1790s and early 1800s.

Many thanks

Jane Noble Knight
Near Ludlow, Shropshire

Researching:
STRETCH, MORGAN, Cheshire
BELLIS, DAVIES, GRIFFITHS, JONES, PETERS, ROBERTS, ROYLES, WILLIAMS,
Flintshire and Denbighshire
JONES, Liverpool
NOBLE, Liverpool, Aberdeen

PS I've found the info I learn from this list, particularly on recommended
websites, absolutely brilliant. Thank you, all you knowledgeable listers,
from a relative newcomer.

This thread: