CHESHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CHESHIRE > 2002-07 > 1025533700

From: "John Hanson" <>
Subject: Re: [CHS] GILL family in Cheshire
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 15:28:20 +0100

Subject: [CHS] GILL family in Cheshire

Hi Michelle,

I have an Ann GILL who married a Samuel SENIOR on 5 Mar 1843 at Northwich
(St Helen's, Witton) In 1851 they were living in Anderton, Nr Northwich with
her parents.

John GILL h m 61 Foreman at Salt Works b Warwick?
Mary GILL wf m 56 b Droitwich
Sarah GILL dtr u ? b Cheshire
Joseph GILL g.son u 11 scholar b Warrington
Ann SENIOR dtr m 27 Straw Bonnet Maker b Droitwich
John SENIOR g.son u 7 scholar b Witton
William Henry SENIOR g.son u 5 scholar b Witton
Henry ? lodger u 19 Labourer b Witton.

Regards,
Elaine.
Mid-Cheshire.

Hello list,

I know this is probably a shot in the dark but does anyone know how long the
Gill family has been in Cheshire and where they came from?

I ask because my Dad insists the Gills are from Yorkshire (and there are
quite a lot of them there) and other people tell me that Gill is an Irish
surname.

This thread: