CHESHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CHESHIRE > 2002-08 > 1028951589

Subject: [CHS] Non Gen,Old Sayings
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 23:53:13 EDT

Hello Everybody, trying to compile a small collection of old sayings. As a
child my Mom and Dad would come out with the oddest sayings, which at the
time made no sense to me.
Things like,Wheres there's Muck, there's Money,
You Don't get owt for nowt,,just to name a couple.
If you have any odd sayings in your families, would you please send them to
me.
I am trying to leave some of this old English language to my American
grandchildren who think I am nuts when I use some of these odd expressions.
So if you would like to add your favorite expressions please send them along
to me.
Margaret in California

This thread: