CHESHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CHESHIRE > 2002-09 > 1031680535

From: "Joyce Spaven" <>
Subject: [CHS] 1901 Downloaded image page problem
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 18:56:25 +0100

Has anybody had the same problem or can anyone help please.

I downloaded 20 image pages to floppy only to find that the .tif programmes that I have always used, including Imaging, would only open 7 of the pages. Message "Can't read file header. Unknown file format" came up for the other 13.

I then took the PRO advice and downloaded ifanview. This does open the pages but tells me they are blank!

I have e-mailed the census technical section but they have not come back on this problem.

Any suggestions please. Obviously, I could try to download again but at 75p a time, and it may not work again, this could become expensive.

Joyce

This thread: