CHESHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CHESHIRE > 2002-11 > 1038521816

From: "Elizabeth Atherton" <>
Subject: Re: [CHS] Cheshire BMD marriages
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 22:18:48 -0000

It was fairly common for nonconformists from Cheshire to marry at Liverpool
St Nicholas or Manchester Cathedral. Both places didn't ask awkward
questions about being communicant members of the C of E. ... Elizabeth
Atherton

> My Cheshire residents married in Liverpool. Not sure if this was common
> Christine
>
> Sheila Dutton wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know whether all the marriages for 1840/1841 are now on the
BMD. I have been searching for a marriage between CHARLES ASHLEY and ELIZA,
he was born Hough abt 1815, and she was born Wybunbury abt 1821.