CHESHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CHESHIRE > 2002-12 > 1038835607

From: "Rodney Hall" <>
Subject: RE: [CHS] Presentations - slightly off topic
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 13:26:47 -0000

Allan,

This is very easily done. Download a FREE copy of Legacy Family Tree
from http://www.legacyfamilytree.com/ and import your family GEDCOM into
it. Then Create Web Pages in Legacy and copy the lot to your CD, adding
an autorun.inf file and it will open automatically when the CD is
inserted into the drive. The autorun.inf should contain:

[autorun]
open=explorer.exe \web\index.htm
icon=explorer.ico

The "\web\index.htm" is the path to the opening page on your CD. Your
path may be slightly different.
--
Rodney HALL
Heywood, Lancashire

http://rmhh.co.uk/
http://rmhh.org.uk/

At 08:56 02/12/02 +0000, Swift, Allan wrote:
>Does anyone know of any decent (and cheap) software to enable me to
>create CDs of the family tree that would take a non-geneologist through

>their ancestors in an interactive way, and allows pictures, video
>clips, voice files etc. Possibly self starting when the CD rom is
>placed in the drive

This thread: