CHESHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CHESHIRE > 2003-01 > 1041590867

From: Guy Lawton <>
Subject: Re: [CHS] Funeral at Wellington
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 10:47:47 +0000

In message <>, writes
>Greetings-
>
>I am hoping that someone can help me make a family connection.
>
>I have the draft of a letter that my gt gt grandfather wrote in 1855. In it
>he makes reference to his aunt's funeral at Wellington and that she had lived
>
>at a Hadwall Cottage (that had been purchases from the late Lord Hill).
>
>If there is an 1851 census record or a directory for the area that can be
>check for the occupant of Hadwall Cottage I would very much appreciate any
>name, age, or birth location as I am having trouble trying to figure out this
>
>family. The aunt may be a sister of a John Billington.

Anne

There are several Wellingtons in England, but the reference to Lord Hill
strongly suggests Wellington, Shropshire is intended.

Are you certain that the word in the letter was "Hadwall" as there is a
"Hadnall" in Shropshire, and I am not aware of a "Hadwall"?

I cannot help you with your specific enquiry, sorry, but I hope these
comments are of help.
--
Guy Lawton Research interests:
LAWTON, LEECH, POTT(S), SMALLWOOD Cheshire/Staffs

This thread: