CHESHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CHESHIRE > 2003-01 > 1041758533

From: Brett Langston <>
Subject: Re: [CHS] Census index
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2003 09:22:13 GMT

The message <009e01c2b497$a1c99800$>
from "Sherry Landa" <> contains these words:

> I know some censuses for CHS are indexed. I remember sitting in Congleton
> Library (very drafty) almost 2 years ago and using them. Can anyone tell me
> if these indexes (1861, 1871, 1891) are available to buy commercially, and
> if so, from whom? I just think they'd be a handy thing for me to have at
> home.

Those indexes were produced by members of the FHS of Cheshire, and they
are available from our Society (see our web-site for further details).
Incidentally, most of the society's publications can now also be
purchased by credit card from the FFHS Bookshop at:

www.familyhistorybooks.co.uk

Hope this helps,

Brett Langston
The Family History Society of Cheshire