CHESHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CHESHIRE > 2003-01 > 1042052916

From: Larue Olsen <>
Subject: [CHS] I.G.I.
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 00:07:40 -0800

To all
Part of the reason there may not be a lot of submissions from Cheshire is
because the christening records on microfilm for the different parishes
have been only available for the last 9 years. I have been ordering parish
registers around Bunbury for the last 4-5 years. The microfilm has the date
that the microfilming was done. Most of the records I ordered had a date
that was only 5 years old when I started to do research.
I don't believe any of parishes in Cheshire are being submitted for Temple
work, but I could be wrong.
Threw the internet we can see what has been submitted much more quickly.
It use to take 3 years for new data to be put on a CD's with new updates.
Now the IGI is being updated once a week on the internet. The IGI will not
be recorded on CD's any more.
This is great for the LDS member and non members a like. New information is
put up more quickly and is available for all to use. Any data that does not
have complete dates should be researched more thoroughly. In fact, any data
that is found should be double checked for accuracy.
Larue in America

This thread: