CHESHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CHESHIRE > 2003-01 > 1042561042

From: "Pam Birtles" <>
Subject: Re: [CHS] Help with LATERAL THINKING please!
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 16:17:22 -0000

Diana,

My first thoughts, based on the unchecked info you supplied, are:

(1) Two James Pickfords (cousins, or just a huge coincidence)

or

(2) One James Pickford, possibly married to Mary Hollingsworth, but with a
child by Mary Roberts. Perhaps Mary Roberts got wind of the mass baptism of
his legitimate children and turned up at the church with young John.

Just a thought. Why not get a copy of the original record from the CRO.
There might be an explanatory note.

By the way, on the 1881 there's a widowed John Pickford (b. 1833
Macclesfield) living in Pendlebury, Lancs. He has a son called Albert
Birtles Pickford. Is he anything to do with your Pickfords? If so, I'd be
interested to know if his dead wife was a BIRTLES.

Pam Birtles
Norfolk, UK

This thread: