CHESHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CHESHIRE > 2003-01 > 1042609481

From: "Margaret Green" <>
Subject: [CHS] Walker-death
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 16:50:25 +1100

Hello everyone,
I live in Australia and have done quite a lot of my father's family history via the net and visits to England.
There is one question that has been 'bugging' me for years! My gt-grandfather John WALKER born in Runcorn 1852, appeared married on the 1881 census and working at the Mariner's Arms Percival Lane, Runcorn, appeared on 1891 census as beerseller in Church St, Runcorn, appeared on 1901 census as crate maker and was deceased by 1908 according to his son's marriage certificate.
However I cannot find his death certificate during this time! I have thought he might have died in a different town but the chance of finding the right John WALKER, is minimal. Can anyone suggest anything to solve this dilemma?
Regards, Margaret

This thread: