CHESHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CHESHIRE > 2003-01 > 1043168745

From: "Donald Massey" <>
Subject: [CHS] MASSEY interests.
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 17:05:45 -0000

I have not given my interests for some time, so here goes:

MASSEY William, married Wrexham 1818, (according to 1851/61 Censuses born
Chester c1796): lived Bangor-on-Dee, Erbistock, Ruabon, Pentre-Coed
(Shropshire), died Ruabon 1870. I have been trying for six years to find
his birth/baptism/parents: do you have a spare Wiliam of the right vintage:
when marrying in 1818, he made a mark, did not sign.

Also in Clwyd EYTON/EATON from Bangor-on-Dee: the ag labs, not the landed
gentry! Probably traced back to Robert and Dorothy, who had children
baptised in Marchwiel in the 1750s.

And in Cheshire, SUTTON traced in Frodsham to Peter having his children
baptised from 1730 onwards, but no marriage, baptism, etc.

Donald Massey

This thread: