CHESHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CHESHIRE > 2003-01 > 1043188290

From: "Alison Dellar" <>
Subject: Re: Re: [CHS] John Hope of Mosseley Hall, Congleton
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 22:31:30 -0000

Hi David,

Found this on a website relating to a walking club in Cheshire/Staffs - may
be a grid reference for your Mossley Hall !

>>'C' Walk
This will start near Mossley Hall (880615) after a visit to Congleton. If
the weather is good we shall take the same very gentle route as the 'A' and
'B' parties to the top of The Cloud, and then divert to look at the river
and canal system in square 9065, before proceeding to the Harrington Arms.
If the weather is poor the route may be mainly along the canal.

Distance: 6½ miles
Ascent: 500'.
Leaders: Phil Morgan and Ken Lamb

I have subscribed to your Odd Rode mailing list as I have ancestors in
Astbury, Odd Rode and Scholar Green.
Best Wishes
Alison