CHESHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CHESHIRE > 2003-01 > 1043192332

From: fordy <>
Subject: Re: Re: [CHS] John Hope of Mosseley Hall, Congleton
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 23:39:03 +0000

--=======7584247B=======

Ahh, Marilyn. Thanks for this... the plot thickens.

All I need to find out is what happened to, and who was, John Hope of Mossley Hall.

Many thanks

David

At 23:28 21/01/2003 +0000, Marilyn Ainslie wrote:

>David,
>
>Mossley Hall still exists and is divided into flats. I suspect the
>grounds once included what is now a golf course.
>
>The History of Congleton mentions about some of the land being given up
>for Mossley Church, and the fact that it was a private school at one
>time, but nothing else.
>
>Marilyn
>
>On 21 Jan 2003 at 22:42, fordy wrote:
>
>> --=======6BB51F98=======
>> charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
>>
>> At 22:31 21/01/2003 +0000, Alison Dellar wrote:
>>
>> >Hi David,
>>

>> Hiya
>> Thanks for this... I will look into this when i've typed this email :-)
>>

>> >Found this on a website relating to a walking club in Cheshire/Staffs -=
>> may
>> >be a grid reference for your Mossley Hall !

>> >This will start near Mossley Hall (880615) after a visit to Congleton. If
>> >the weather is good we shall take the same very gentle route as the 'A'
>> >and 'B' parties to the top of The Cloud, and then divert to look at the
>> >river and canal system in square 9065, before proceeding to the
>> >Harrington Arms. If the weather is poor the route may be mainly along the
>> >canal.
>> >
>> >Distance: 6=BD miles
>> >Ascent: 500'.
>> >Leaders: Phil Morgan and Ken Lamb
>> >

>> >I have subscribed to your Odd Rode mailing list as I have ancestors in
>> >Astbury, Odd Rode and Scholar Green.
>>

>> Here's hoping it will be beneficial to all those with interests in the=
>> township...
>>
>> Regards
>> David

>Cheshire County Record Office:
>http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/recoff/home.htm
>

>---
>Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

---
Admin for ENG-CHS-ODD-RODE mailing list. Subscribe by sending an email with 'subscribe' to
My web site http://fordys.dns2go.com
Researching: FORD (Odd Rode(Astbury), Chorlton, Leeds, Burslem), SAWYER (Beal, Goole), MUSGRAVE(Leeds, India), CARRUTHERS & EDGAR(S/W Scotland, Durham, Leeds), GILES(Stroud,Leeds), COOPER(Madeley,Congleton), PARKER(Hereford), LUMB(Pocklington, Kilnwick Percy), POINTON(Church Lawton).

---